As I am an actress and an outdoor competitive swimmer, my daily skin routine is very important to help my skin look and feel its best.
Here are some of the skin care recommendations that I am advocating for in order to keep a healthy and good looking skin:
- Cleanse, treat, and prevent. Apply a mild cleanser on your face in a circular motion with your fingertips, when waking and before bed. Finish by completely rinsing off the cleanser and gently patting your face dry with a clean towel. Apply skin products at least every 12-hours. It is recommended to using skin care products that match your skin’s needs. For girls of my age, it is recommended to use unscented/fragrance free, gentle non-comedogenic (no foam, detergent free), hypoallergenic products.
- Use sunscreen every day before going outdoors. This helps prevent sun damage and really can slow down skin aging such as wrinkles, age spots, or even skin cancer. I like to use sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection (SPF 70), and water resistance.
- Apply body moisturizer. In order to lock in the moisture, apply it to damp skin as soon as you getting out of the shower .
- For lips moisture, consider using petroleum jelly.
- If on a tight budget, consider dual-function products. Examples include a moisturizer plus sunscreen and a lip balm with sunscreen.
Stress less. Finding healthy ways to manage stress can help your skin. Stress can also cause flare-ups of many skin conditions, including acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
I am interested in testing skin care products that are unscented/fragrance free, gentle non-comedogenic (no foam, detergent free), hypoallergenic. Organic and vegan brands welcome.
Fill out my online form and send me your suggestions, collaborations and questions.